Monday, April 12, 2010

The Reading of Critiques

I've been taking a new approach to reading critiques lately, and I think it may be more effective. Instead of reading them as they trickle into my inbox, I save them until I get all of them before reading any of them. (I belong to an online critique group--Critters--and critiques are received over a week long period most times). I'm finding this allows me to take it all in at once, compare them, and figure out just what exactly isn't working for anybody. This in particular is important because every little aspect will probably not work for at least one person, but if I can single out the big fish--the real glaring problems, I have a place to start. And honestly, some suggestions just wouldn't work no matter how well-meaning they are.

No comments:

Post a Comment