Monday, April 19, 2010

A Pause in Life

As of last Saturday, I'm done with any big events at the church until sometime in the fall or winter. Without all the work to be done on the (now over) spring brunch, it's almost like I've lost a chunk of my purpose in life. Of course, I could always fill that void with writing, writing and more writing, but I've run into a bit of a block lately. I can still spew words onto the page, but for some reason I'm more distracted and less happy with them, which in turn makes me more likely to go out into the yard and weed the nearly weedless lettuce patch. I'm hoping it's only a temporary thing and that burrowing through the remainder of my critiques will make it easier to get the writing back in gear, but that remains to be seen. In the mean time, I hear lettuce calling.

No comments:

Post a Comment